Research has shown that children who do gymnastics from a young age provide many benefits to their general health and well being including:
- Improves strength, flexibility, co-ordination and movement.
- To maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Impact training (plyometric training or jump training) on floor and vault can improve bone density in children.
- Provides the children with a chance to socialise with others and make new friends.
- Improve mental skills such as concentration and problem solving.
- Enhances the children's discipline.
- To let them experience a fun and engaging activity in a safe environment.
- Improved confidence.
- Skills that are learnt progressively eliminate the fears of learning new skills.
- Enhances leadership skills.
- Teaches them basic balancing and movement skills that are useful when partaking in many other sports
The Beth Tweddle Gym Stars programme has been developed by Beth and a team of experienced coaches and tutors to introduce children aged approximately 2 – 7, or those at a beginner level, to the basic fundamental movements of gymnastics. The children will learn the basics of rolling, jumping, travelling and balancing as well as learning to work with hand apparatus, benches and vaulting equipment.
They will also develop their strength and flexibility and learn to work independently and as part of a group or team.
The Gym Stars programme teaches the children a wide variety of basic skills and qualities that will aid their development in other sports, or if they wish to make the step into a higher level gymnastics club.
It also has an exciting rewards scheme with badges, certificates and stickers for children to achieve as they progress.